Eat Your Greens

No comments
Eat your vegetables.

Something our mothers and grandmothers have been telling us for years. Up until only a few years ago I considered french fries to be a vegetable. While nowadays I can consume a salad without choking it down, I do find it difficult to get my daily serving of vegetables.

A couple of months ago I was given a Magic Bullet for my birthday. Since then I have been a smoothie junky. In order to sneak in some of those pesky greens, I have decided to add spinach and kale to my favorite fruit smoothies. It is an easy way to add iron and green protein to my morning without having to taste it. So without further ado:

Mandi's Morning Kickstarter


Ingredients:

1 cup of frozen mixed fruit (blackberry, raspberry, mango, strawberry, banana, etc)
1 cup of plain or vanilla yogurt (or greek yogurt for extra protein)
1 cup of spinach or kale (or a mix of both)
1/4 cup of fat free milk

Instructions:

In a Magic Bullet or blender first place frozen fruit. Add cup of kale or spinach. Then add cup of yogurt. Last add 1/4 cup of milk to help with mixing. Blend until all fruit and greens are fully chopped. Add more milk if needed to help in mixing.

Average calories 200-250
Average protein 10-25g (more with greek yogurt)




No comments